Our Purpose & Commitment
NCP Chlorchem is committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for all employees, contractors, service providers, customers and the surrounding community within which it operates and is dedicated to providing sustainable quality products and services, which meet or exceed the expectations of our customers.
We are dedicated
to providing sustainable quality products and services, which meet or exceed the expectations of our customers.
We are committed
to conducting business ethically, ensuring that the health and safety of our employees, contractors, service providers, customers, surrounding community and other stakeholders are protected, the integrity of the chemical plants and processes is maintained, and the environment is preserved.
Safety & Health
NCP is certified against ISO 45001, which assists and supports NCP in identifying and controlling safety and health risks and hazards, reducing the potential for accidents and incidents, supports and aids in legal compliance and improves overall performance.
NCP’s principle and goal of “zero harm” is entrenched at NCP’s operations and is everyone’s responsibility.
NCP is committed to prevention of environmental degradation by promoting the sustainable use and conservation of resources at every stage of the life cycle of its products.
NCP is certified against ISO 9001, which assists and supports NCP to ensure products and services consistently meet customer’s requirements.
The NCP Chloorkop site is accredited and complies to the NSF / ANSI 60 – Drinking water treatment – health effects products certification, which is an international accreditation through NSF International.
NSF International is a leading global independent public health and safety organization. To receive certification, NCP submitted product samples to NSF that underwent rigorous testing to recognised standards, and agreed to unannounced manufacturing facility audits and periodic retesting to verify continued conformance to the standards.
NCP’s Test Station facility at the Chloorkop site is accredited in accordance with the recognised International and National Standards, ISO/IEC 17020:2012, SANS 10019:2021 and SANS 1825:2020 – Inspection of transportable refillable gas containers.
NCP is also a member of the South African Quality Institute (SAQI).
Safety, Health, Environmental, Responsible Care, Process Safety & Quality (SHERQ) Policy:
Our Commitment through visible and active leadership – we take the environment and our safety seriously!
- Identification, reduction, mitigation, or elimination of SHERQ risks and hazards to ensure legal and other compliance and thereby reducing the overall impact to employees, the community, neighbours, and the environment whilst meeting our customer requirements.
- Implementation of a Process Safety Program to prevent process safety incidents by having facilities designed and built according to inherently safer design, sound engineering practice, operated and maintained properly and periodically reviewed for conformance.
- Implementation of management systems as per recognised industry standards and best practices which are regularly audited to ensure continual improvement for enhanced SHERQ and organisational performance.
- Setting and ensuring that our specific objectives and management programs address Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality requirements.
- Prevention of environmental degradation by promoting the sustainable use and conservation of resources at every stage of the life cycle of our products.
- Champion the principles of Responsible Care®, including the prevention of pollution, reporting our progress, and ensuring continual improvement.
- Promoting dialogue on all SHERQ matters with all employees and other identified stakeholders.
- Identification and provision of the necessary resources required to ensure the successful implementation and continued adherence to the requirement of the SHERQ systems.
- Adequate training of all employees and service providers on SHERQ best practices.